Solicitors in Norwich
We opened our first office in Queen Street, Norwich in May 2004. Those premises were quickly outgrown and we were delighted that in December 2008 we were able to move into the flagship building that we currently occupy. During this time we have become firmly established as one of the top tier law firms in Norwich. Watch our short video to discover how Birketts can help you.
Our offices in Kingfisher House were officially opened and blessed by the Bishop of Norwich on Monday 19 January 2009, in a ceremony with Birketts’ staff and key individuals from the Kingfisher House project team. Visitors to our meeting rooms on the top floor can enjoy a stunning view over the City’s sky-line, taking in the magnificent 315ft spire of Norwich Cathedral, the second tallest in England.
Of a total staff of over 500, over 100 are based in the Norwich office. Our excellent team of lawyers and solicitors in Norfolk specialise in a full range of services across corporate and commercial law, dispute resolution, property law, agricultural law, employment law, wills and estate planning and family law. It is also the base for our specialist social housing, plot sales, professional negligence and licensing solicitors teams.
Birketts is recognised as one of the top UK law firms
Legal 500 [UK 2016]
- One of only two regional firms ranked in the top tier for Corporate and Commercial.
- Ranked in band 1 for Agriculture, Banking and Finance, Charities, Dispute Resolution, Commercial Property, Construction, Corporate and Commercial, Crime (general and fraud), Education, Employment, Environment, Family, Health, Health and Safety, Insolvency, Licensing, Planning, Property Litigation, Social Housing and Transport and Shipping.
- The only East Anglian firm to be ranked for Shipping (London).
Chambers [UK 2015]
- The only solicitors in Norwich ranked in the top tier for social housing.
- Home to the only top tier ranked solicitors for agriculture, professional negligence, real estate and social housing in Norwich.
- Ranked in the top tier for agriculture, banking and finance, employment, litigation, professional negligence, real estate litigation and social housing.
Partner Matthew Newnham is the office’s representative on the management board.
As solicitors in Norfolk the community is very important to us. As well as operating a charitable fund – The Birketts Charitable Fund – administered by the Norfolk Community Foundation and supporting locally based charitable projects, we also regularly support a number of sporting and cultural events and institutions including the Norfolk and Norwich Festival, Norwich Theatre Royal, and the Round Norfolk Relay, an annual relay race over a distance of 197 miles divided into 17 unequal stages.