Our technology specialists work closely with our clients to enable the implementation of technology solutions.
The team is technology literate and the work it does involves issues such as outsourcing, project risk assessment, technology contracting, privacy issues and commercial arrangements for the enabling of new technology.
We have significant experience in the following areas:
- technology aspects of major corporate transactional work, including acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures
- complex information technology arrangements, including software development, licensing and maintenance, system integration, web hosting, network installations, hardware acquisitions, value added reselling and teaming arrangements
- manufacturing under licence
- research and development collaboration
- resolving joint ownership issues
- transfer and realisation of value in patent protected technology in areas including bio-technology, information technology, and manufacturing.
When it comes to registration of patents, we work closely with trusted patent agents to assist clients in the registration of core technology.
We assist clients in handling patent and technology litigation in the UK courts and the European Patent Office and have direct experience in advising clients in North America and other jurisdictions on their patent rights both domestically and more widely.
We also advise with regard to the EU competition law regime as it applies to development and exploitation agreements and we are well versed in drafting documentation to take advantage of the relevant EU Block Exemptions.