IAG update - Berlin Assembly
The final Integrated Advisory Group International (IAG) Assembly of 2016 took place in Berlin late last month hosted by HTG Wirtschaftsprufung GmbH, a firm of German accountants and tax advisors.
Birketts was represented by Daden Hunt (current Chairman of IAG), Nick Burnett, Rafael Ruiz and Clare Hedges.
The Berlin Assembly had been long in the planning as it was a joint meeting with recently merged international accountancy association Morison KSi, the English member of which is Kingston Smith.
The IAG business session saw the ratification of five new members bringing IAG’s membership to 64 firms worldwide. The new members were:
- Boylan and Dodd - accountants from Dublin in Ireland
- Edgar Law Firm – lawyers from Kansas City, Missouri in the US
- Goldenberg Schneider LPA – lawyers from Cincinnati, Ohio in the US
- KAP. Pieter, Uways & Rekan – accountants from Jakarta in Indonesia
- Tributo Consultoria Fiscal – tax advisors and accountants from Belo Horizonte in Brazil.
There were also presentations from the host firm on doing business in Germany, from prospective members Fairfax Legal from Port Morseby in Papua New Guinea and Koushos, Korfiotis, Papacharalambous LLC from Nicosia in Cyprus and from two existing members, Allegaert, Berger and Vogel from New York and Alves Pereira Teixeira de Sousa & Associates from Lisbon in Portugal.
The morning ended with IAG’s new website being unveiled. It is hoped this will be live by the end of the year.
The joint business session with Morison KSi saw almost 200 delegates enjoy a fascinating lecture on politics in a post factual world from Dr Melinda Crane, the chief political correspondent for Deutsche Welle, Germany’s state international broadcaster. This was followed by a presentation on how lawyers and accountants can work together, which was given by Jeff Singer from ILV Silver in Barcelona (Morison KSi) and Jim Miller from SFMS in Philadelphia (IAG). An extended coffee break was an opportunity for an hour of speed networking and the afternoon concluded with a panel discussion on the commercial consequences of the UK’s Brexit decision. The panel was made up five speakers giving their view from a different part of Europe / the world. The panel consisted of:
- Nick Burnett – the UK
- Christian Clingen (Morison KSi) – Germany and Northern Europe
- Nayra Prado Marrero (IAG) – Spain and Southern Europe
- Andras Szilasi (IAG) – Hungary and Central Europe
- Yasmine Misuraca (Morison KSi) – the US.
The next IAG Assembly will be in Mumbai in February before Birketts hosts the 2017 General Assembly in May.
For more information on IAG
contact Daden Hunt