Solicitors in Chelmsford
Birketts is widely-regarded as one of the top tier law firms in Chelmsford. Our team of lawyers and solicitors in Chelmsford specialise in corporate and commercial law, dispute resolution, property law (both commercial and residential conveyancing), agricultural law, wills and estate planning and family law. We also have expertise in banking and finance, intellectual property, IT and telecoms, insolvency and corporate recovery, EU and competition law, contentious trusts and probate, construction, immigration and professional negligence. Our industry sector expertise includes food and drink, energy, automotive and insurance and public sector.
Birketts is recognised as one of the top UK law firms
Birketts is the only full service, top 100 law firm in Essex.
The Chelmsford office opened in September 2010 following the merger between the Essex-based law firm Wollastons and Birketts.
Legal 500 (UK 2022)
- The only firm to be ranked in band 1 for Corporate and Commercial: Essex.
- Additionally Birketts are ranked in band 1 in Essex for Commercial Litigation / Dispute Resolution, Commercial Property, Employment, Immigration and Private Client: Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate.
Chambers (UK 2022)
- The only firm to be ranked in band 1 for Agriculture, Essex.
- Annabelle Rout is the only Solicitor to be named in band 1 for Agriculture and Rural Affairs: Essex.
- Adam Burden is the only Solicitor to be named as an ‘Associate to Watch’ for Agriculture and Rural Affairs: Essex
- Also ranked in the top tier for Corporate / M&A:Mid Market and Private Equity, Crime, Employment, Environment, Family / Matrimonial, Litigation, Planning, Real Estate, Restructuring / Insolvency and Social Housing.
Chambers High Net Worth (UK 2022)
- Ranked in band 1 for Private Wealth law: Essex.
- Susan Young is recommended and ranked in band 1 in Private Wealth Law.
Partner Grace Kerr is the office’s representative on the management board.
As solicitors in Chelmsford the community is very important to us. As well as operating a charitable fund – The Birketts Charitable Fund – administered by the Essex Community Foundation and supporting locally based charitable projects.