From pre-application to grant and delivery of planning permission, our highly experienced Planning Team will provide you with clear, practical and specialist advice at each stage to help you deliver your housing development on time.
We act for five of the top ten UK housebuilders, together with a significant number of other national housebuilders and SME developers, and regularly advise them on residential and mixed use schemes ranging in size from 5 to 5,000 units in East Anglia and nationwide.
In the last 12 months, our experience includes:
- advising on the re-development of land in Bury St Edmunds to deliver up to 1,250 new homes
- advising a national housebuilder on its application for 815 new homes which will form part of the Ipswich Garden Suburb plans for 3,500 new homes in the Whitton and St Margaret's area
- advising on the delivery of 300 new homes in Tunbridge Wells
- providing strategic planning advice for the future development of land in Gloucestershire for 3,000 new homes.
We provide expert advice at all stages of the planning process, including:
- advising on whether a proposed development will require an Environmental Statement (ES), scoping, legal review of ES documents and advertising requirements in connection with EIA development
- advising on planning applications prior to submission
- advising on permitted development rights
- negotiating Section 106 Agreements
- advising on planning conditions
- advising on applications for reserved matters and discharge of planning conditions
- advising on and conducting planning appeals, judicial review and statutory challenges pursuant to Sections 287 and 288 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Section 73 applications to vary or modify existing planning conditions
- planning enforcement issues
- Section 247 and 257 Town and Country Planning Act 1990 applications to extinguish or divert existing highways
- viability issues
- liability under the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010.
We pride ourselves on listening to and understanding our housebuilder clients' businesses and objectives, with a view to ensuring that we identify and resolve any potential planning issues effectively and as soon as possible, to minimise cost and delay implications for you.