Do your staff:
- Know that data protection laws were completely replaced by new laws which came into force in May 2018?
- Do they know how this change in the law will affect their work?
- Know how to identify a request to exercise one of the individual rights, and what to do if they receive one?
- Understand what a breach is and know what to do if they become aware of one?
The General Data Protection Regulation and UK Data Protection Act 2018 came into force in May 2018. Organisations have had to review how they collect and process personal data and, in many cases, amend their policies and procedures in line with the new law.
One of the most effective ways of improving compliance with the news laws will be to train your staff so that they have an understanding of data protection law and how it applies to the work they do on a day to day basis.
The objective of this two hour course is to ensure that delegates:
- Understand the key terms and principles of data protection law.
- Understand in practical terms how the new laws apply to the work that they do.
- Are aware of the individual rights under GDPR, can identify them, and know what to do if they receive one.
- Understand when they can share personal data outside of your organisation.
- Know how to spot a breach and understand the process they need to follow internally if they know or suspect that there has been a breach.
1. Understanding the new law
- Why do we have data protection laws, where can we find them and key terms to be aware of
- Overview of the data protection principles, individual rights and exemptions.
- Sharing data outside of your organisation.
- What happens if we get it wrong?
- Overview of your own internal policies and procedures.
2. Applying the law in practice:
- How personal data is used within your organisation.
- Practical examples of personal data risks in the office and away from the office.
- Individual rights - what to do if you receive a request.
- How to reduce the risk of a breach.
- How to identify a breach and what to do next.
To discuss your specific requirements and get a quote, please contact Nicola Gulrajani on 01603 756568 or [email protected].