Commercial Property Development
We have a leading reputation in property development.
Our expertise extends to site regeneration work in both the public and private sectors, city and town centre redevelopment work, affordable housing schemes and standalone property development.
Our team has extensive combined experience in dealing with:
- conditional and unconditional acquisitions and disposals
- affordable housing schemes
- portfolio acquisitions and disposals
- option agreements and strategic land planning
- consortium/collaboration agreements
- overage arrangements
- mixed use site assembly and development
- city and town centre regeneration schemes
- contentious and non-contentious construction work
- licensed property work
- secured lending
- site regeneration for both the public and private sectors.
We also deal regularly with major strategic long term development projects. These often have high values and involve the preparation and negotiation of sophisticated documentation such as landowner agreements, joint ventures, option agreements, pre-emption agreements, promotion agreements, infrastructure agreements, overage, ransoms, and landowner tax issues. Structuring a strategic land transaction can be complex with planning policy and tax playing roles. Our team is accustomed to delivering projects in the most commercially effective and tax-efficient way.
We have been supported by an incredibly skilled and capable team at Birketts. We approached them on the recommendation of a friend and our expectations have been exceeded over and over again.
Legal 500 [UK 2023]