Our Corporate team has wide experience dealing with buyers, sellers and investors across the world, advising our clients on all types of transaction.
We are commercially minded, and sensitive to cultural differences, offering insights to our clients that enable them to operate across borders and move into new markets with confidence.
With a range of clients based locally, in London and internationally, we have a depth of experience that rivals large city firms, but with a more cost-effective offering.
Recent work includes advising on the following:
- the sale of a UK group of companies to a French buyer together with a further option for the buyer’s parent company to acquire another group entity in South Africa.
- the sale of a UK entity to the European stock exchange, Euronext NV, through the use of a UK purchase vehicle, ensuring that the obligations of the purchase vehicle were guaranteed by the listed Dutch parent company.
- the sale of a UK entity to a UK subsidiary of a South African listed entity.
- the sale of a UK entity to a newly formed joint venture between a Thai listed company and members of the existing management team.
- the merger of a privately held UK proteomics company with a German-Spanish stock-listed company specialising in molecular biology.
- the sale of Medisafe UK, a manufacturer and distributor of cleaning and disinfecting equipment for surgical and medical instruments, to Steris Corporation for £27m.
- the sale of a UK group of companies to a Swedish buyer, including the termination of a joint venture in Brazil.
- the acquisition of an offshore surveying business from an international group headquartered in the US.
- the sale of the UK owner of an alcoholic drinks brand. The transaction required the pre-closing carve out of a joint venture with a Spanish entity relating to a retained brand.
- the sale of a UK held group of companies (in the US and South Africa) to Italian and US buyers owned by a US private equity fund.