Motoring Offences Fees
This is an area of law in which the extensive practical experience of our team is crucial to achieving the best possible outcome.
Motoring Offences Fees
We offer a fixed fee of £1,950 plus VAT* (currently charged at 20%) and disbursements** where such cases are dealt with by way of guilty plea.
Our fixed fee services includes:
- chasing disclosure
- review of initial disclosure and consideration of evidence
- meeting with client to obtain instructions and provide advice in relation to plea and likely sentence
- if applicable, advice on whether exceptional hardship or special reasons should be made***
- representation at a single hearing.
Our fixed fee service does not include:
- Instruction of expert
- Instruction of external Counsel
- Advice or assistance regarding an appeal
- Taking witness statements from any witness
- Preparing an exceptional hardship or special reasons argument
- Representing the client for an exceptional hardship or special reasons argument.
Key stages of your matter
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost that will be provided at point of instruction).
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up questions you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court.
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
*Additional fees will be chargeable in the event of a special reasons or exceptional hardship argument being required. Fees for exceptional hardship are likely to be in the region of £2,500 plus VAT (at 20%) but the relevant fee earner will be able to provide you an estimate, dependant on the individual circumstances of your case.
**Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. These also include any travel and parking costs associated with your matter.
***Please note that you cannot advance an exceptional hardship argument in cases where a charge has been authorised for Driving Excess Alcohol.
The empathy, understanding and overall client care demonstrated by the team is outstanding.
Legal 500 [UK 2022]