You can download a map with directions to our Cambridge office here.
Solicitors in Cambridge
We opened our first Cambridge office in the heart of the City’s professional services district in March 2008. In November 2015, we moved to our current premises. During this time we have become firmly
established as one of the top tier solicitor firms in Cambridge and within the Cambridgeshire area.
Our Cambridge team of expert lawyers and solicitors specialise in a full range of services across corporate and commercial law, dispute resolution, property law, mediation law, agricultural law, employment law, wills and estate planning and family law. It is also the base for our specialist strategic land development, education, planning, insolvency and technology sector teams. Watch our short video to discover how Birketts can help you.
Of a total of over 800 staff, more than 90 lawyers are based in the Cambridge office where we have attracted key individuals across the firm’s key service areas.
Birketts is recognised as one of the top UK law firms
Legal 500 [UK 2022]
- Ranked in the top tier for Commercial Litigation: Cambridge, Commercial Property: Cambridge, Corporate and Commercial: Cambridge and Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate: Cambridge.
- Additionally Birketts are ranked in band 1 (East Anglia) for Agriculture and Estates, Banking and Finance, Charities and Not-for-Profit, Contentious Trusts and Probate, Corporate Tax, Debt Recovery, Employment, Family, General Crime and Fraud, Health and Safety, Immigration, Insolvency and Corporate Recovery, Licensing, Planning and Environment, Property Litigation, Public Sector, Transport and Shipping.
- Alex Schaafsma and Andrew Tubb are the only 'Next Generation Partners' named for Banking and Finance: East Anglia.
- Birketts are the only firm to be ranked in band 1 for Commercial Property: Elsewhere in East Anglia.
- Birketts are the only firm to be ranked in band 1 for Transport and Shipping: East Anglia.
Chambers [UK 2022]
Chambers High Net Worth [UK 2021]
- Ranked in band 1 for Private Wealth Law - Cambridge and Surrounds.
- Caroline Stenner is ranked in band 2 for her Private Wealth expertise.
Partner Caroline Stenner is the office’s representative on the management board.
As Cambridge solicitors the community is very important to us. We have established a charitable fund – The Birketts Charitable Fund – managed by the Cambridgeshire Community Foundation which is committed to supporting locally based charitable projects. To read about some of the grants that have been made from the Birketts Cambridgeshire fund, please visit the Cambridgeshire Community Foundation site.
If you are looking for legal advice and support from our solicitors in Cambridge, we encourage you to get in touch with us today.