Legal expertise to meet all your needs. Whatever the challenge, we’re here for you.
With a rich heritage spanning more than 150 years, we’ve built an enviable track record advising businesses, institutions and individuals across the UK and internationally.
All the experience and legal expertise to meet your needs
Birketts is a full service, top 100 UK law firm with offices across East Anglia and in London. We have more than 800 people involved in the business, all sharing a common commitment to deliver the best possible outcome for our clients. We are large enough to provide specialist expertise in most areas of the law, but not at the expense of maintaining a personal and tailored service.
Our unrivalled reputation for providing high quality legal advice and client service has resulted in the firm regularly achieving high level legal awards.
Turnover of £69.2m in the financial year ending 31 May 2021.
Large enough to provide specialist skills in most areas of the law, but small enough to maintain a highly personalised service.
Over 800 colleagues across 5 locations.
- Full service law firm with core business divided into four main disciplines – corporate and commercial, commercial property, commercial and personal litigation and private client.
- Established in 1863.
- Offices in Cambridge, Chelmsford, Ipswich, London and Norwich with a dynamic approach to growing our practice.
- Over 800 staff including 98 Partners – large enough to provide specialist skills in most areas of the law, but small enough to maintain a highly-personalised service.
- A member of IAG Global – an international network of independent lawyers, accountants, tax and business advisors, providing our clients with access to counsel across most jurisdictions throughout the world.
- Turnover of £69.2m in the financial year ending 31 May 2021.
- Accredited with the Law Society’s practice management quality standard – Lexcel.
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 27701 accredited.
- A corporate management structure with a non-lawyer CEO.
“The 2020/21 year will be rightly remembered for the COVID-19 pandemic and little else. With disruption on a global scale, everyone has had to find a way of adapting to meet the challenges posed, and Birketts has been no different. As a firm, I am immensely proud of the effort we have gone to in taking the greatest possible care of our colleagues, our clients and our communities.”
Jonathan Agar, CEO at Birketts.