From employee records to customer databases, personal data has long been an essential feature of every business but with the advent of GDPR, data protection compliance is becoming an increasingly daunting task for many.
Our team of data protection specialists work with our clients to ensure that they operate within the rules so that the personal data they hold remains an asset rather than becoming a liability.
We offer a tailored service designed to meet the specific requirements and budget of each client. Our priority is to manage your risk and deliver pragmatic and commercial solutions for real-world application.
Our experts draw on a broad depth of experience to deliver a full-range of services including:
- a full suite of training options including affordable off-the-peg modules and bespoke sessions to meet business-specific requirements
- compliance planning and strategy advice
- audits and gap analysis
- preparation of data protection policies and records
- guidance on the completion of data processing records, Legitimate Interest Assessments and Data Protection Impact Assessments
- handling of data subject rights requests
- breach management and reporting
- structuring and documenting of data processing and data sharing arrangements
- advising on international data transfers including the implementation of adequate safeguards and application of derogations
- advising on governance matters including the appointment of DPOs and EU representatives and nomination of a lead authority
- marketing compliance reviews and guidance
- dealing with complaints and ICO investigations and enforcement actions
- advising on data protection aspects of corporate transactions.
We work with a broad and diverse range of different businesses and organisations from small start-ups and charities to public authorities and national professional membership bodies with a growing international practice. Every client can expect technical excellence delivered with the highest standards of client care.
With the arrival of the GDPR, ensuring that your staff understand how data protection laws impact on their day-to-day role has never been more important. Regular and appropriate training for staff at all levels within your business will reduce your risk of breach and assist you in meeting your accountability obligations. We have developed a range of training options to support you including board level briefings and risk and awareness training for all staff as well as practical data protection modules addressing specific issues such as marketing compliance and handling subject access requests. Please visit our Shaping Excellence page for further details.
We produce a variety of newsletters covering changes in legislation, topical news and issues affecting our clients. We feature general content on data protection matters in Upload, our newsletter for the tech sector. We also include sector and service specific data protection content in a number of our other newsletters. You can view and download the latest issues of all of our newsletters from our newsletter page. If you would like to automatically receive future issues of any publication please register your details.