Those promoted cover a wide range of legal services – signifying the depth of talent available at the firm and its commitment to the personal and professional development of staff members.
The promotions have been revealed following a sustained period of growth for Birketts having recently reported a record turnover of £42.4m for the last financial year. The strong financial performance saw the firm rise to 67 in The Lawyer’s statistical analysis of the UK’s largest firms, marking it out as East Anglia’s regional powerhouse.
In addition, The Legal 500 UK 2017 directory recognised Birketts as one of the strongest firms in the East of England with 36 ‘top-tier firm’ rankings and 39 elite 'leading lawyers'.
Commenting on the promotions, Jonathan Agar, CEO said: “To support our growth we continue to focus on attracting and retaining first class solicitors. In total we have promoted 23 lawyers across our four offices as we look to recognise the talent that we have within the firm. Coupled with this talent is an unrelenting commitment to deliver consistently outstanding service to our clients, whether they are based within our immediate region, nationally or overseas.”
- Rory Abel (Construction, Associate)
- Isabel Wightman-Cooper (Commercial Property, Senior Associate)
- Oli Worth (Construction, Senior Associate)
(left to right): Emma Medina-Wallace, Oli Worth, Isabel Wightman-Cooper and Rory Abel
- Clare Barlow (Employment, Legal Director)
- Sara Hull (Residential Conveyancing, Senior Associate (Chartered Legal Executive))
- Heidi Jones (Corporate/Commercial, Associate).
- Susan Young (Private Client Advisory, Senior Associate)
(left to right): Susan Young, Sara Hull, Heidi Jones and Clare Barlow
- Philippa Dyer (Regulatory and Corporate Defence, Senior Associate)
- Sam Froud (Commercial Property, Associate (Graduate Legal Executive))
- Matthew Gowen (Regulatory and Corporate Defence, Legal Director (Barrister))
- Sarah Smith (Commercial Property, Associate)
- Emma Tubb (Corporate/Commercial, Associate)
- Rachel Watson (Residential Conveyancing, Associate (Chartered Legal Executive))
(left to right): Rachel Watson, Sam Froud, Emma Tubb, Matthew Gowen and Sarah Smith
- Louise Agnew (Agriculture, Associate)
- Sarah Fish (Residential Development, Associate)
- Catherine Hepworth (Employment, Associate)
- John Kahn (Corporate Tax, Senior Associate)
- Pauline Phillips (Residential Development, Senior Associate (Chartered Legal Executive))
- Nicola Reid (Corporate/Commercial, Associate)
- Kitty Rosser (Corporate/Commercial, Senior Associate)
- Tom Sharpe (Employment, Legal Director)
- Sarah Perkins (Private Client Advisory, Associate)
(left to right): Sarah Fish, John Kahn, Pauline Phillips, Tom Sharpe, Catherine Hepworth, Louise Agnew, Sarah Perkins, Kitty Rosser