Sinead joined Birketts in March 2021. She is a Solicitor in our Charities and Social Enterprises Team.
Sinead has experience in advising large and small charities and social business on a wide range of legal matters, including:
- Establishment and registration of legal forms, including charitable companies, CIOs, CICs, charitable trusts, Royal Charter bodies, academies and multi-academy trusts, and trading subsidiaries.
- Transactional work, including mergers, transfers and CIO incorporations.
- Constitutional reviews.
- Complex trust and charity law issues, including identifying and releasing permanent endowment.
- Collaborations with other charities, commercial companies and international entities.
- Governance, including trustee/director duties, conflicts of interest and compliance with the Charity Governance Code.
- Grant-funding and contractual relationships.
- Serious incident reporting.
Prior to joining Birketts, Sinead worked in renowned charity and education law firms in the City of London for several years. During this time, she completed two secondments at household name charities.
Having working in both charities and private practice, she enjoys taking an empathetic, commercial and pragmatic approach to client problems.
Sinead is based in our Cambridge office.