Siobhan qualified as a Solicitor at a large London law firm in 1989. She is a Solicitor in our Public Sector Team working across a wide range of matters for public sector clients.
Her experience includes advising on a broad spectrum of commercial contracts and public sector-related agreements, such as shared services, grant funding and service level agreements. She also has experience in advising on non-regulated and OJEU procurement under the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 and the Concessions Contract Regulations 2016, VEAT notices, public sector governance issues and State aid. Siobhan regularly advises on the interpretation of primary and secondary legislation, the use of appropriate statutory powers and vires. She has advised public sector bodies on their powers: to acquire and dispose of land (including open space land); to invest and borrow; to delegate their functions and to enter into shared services arrangements with other public bodies. Siobhan also delivers training to our public sector clients.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising a local authority company on procurement through a dynamic purchasing system, and alternative procurement options including via framework agreements, or by running a Public Contracts Regulations 2015 compliant procurement process.
- Advising a local authority on its statutory powers to acquire investment property, involving consideration of powers to acquire land and invest in non-financial assets.
- Advising on a series of grant agreements for a local authority distributing COVID-19 Local authority Emergency Assistance Grant for Food and Essential Supplies.
- Advising on an agreement pursuant to section 101 Local Government Act 1972 for certain functions in relation to debt collection of one local authority to be discharged by another local authority.
- Advising on governance matters and Articles of Association for a local authority “Teckal” company.
- Advising on a concession contract between a local authority and a provider of specialist training services.
- Advising on a contract for software maintenance and support for a local authority’s leisure centre booking management system.
- Advising on a consultancy agreement for public realm improvement design services
- Advising on a shared services agreement pursuant to section 113 Local Government Act 1972 for placing officers of one local authority at the disposal of another local authority to provide ecology, landscaping and urban design expertise.
- Advising on standard terms and conditions for a local authority’s online traded services
- In 2018 Siobhan project managed the successful tender process for Birketts that resulted in the firm being awarded a place on the Crown Commercial Service Legal Services Panel.
Siobhan is based in our Cambridge office.