Our dedicated Care Home Sector Team offers a comprehensive range of legal services to private care home providers. Our multi-disciplinary team brings together non-contentious and contentious legal experts based across the East of England, the South East and London.
With a deep understanding of the care home sector from both strategic and operational levels, we have particular experience of advising providers on their obligations under the Care Standards Act and Regulations and on issues raised by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Our experience and client base
Our care home sector clients include care home groups, single care home providers, and care home residents. Through our Private Client Team, we also offer bespoke, individual legal services to care home residents, regularly advising on money, property and financial affairs, including wills, succession and tax advice. Additionally, the team supports clients who have a failing capacity to deal with their own property and financial affairs.
Social Care Premier Supplier Awards
Finalist 2022 and 2023
- Acquiring and disposing of homes, including corporate governance and due diligence
- Refinancing and restructuring arrangements
- Employment law issues, including CRB checks, POVA guidelines and whistleblowing
- Immigration law issues
- CQC registration
- Regulatory, health and safety issues and safeguarding investigations
- Responding to and disputing CQC inspection findings
- Representing clients in Care Standards Tribunal proceedings
- Confidentiality and data protection
- Real estate, including acquisition, disposal and property portfolio management
- Construction and planning matters relating to extensions, new builds and other developments
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts and advising on contracts with residents and third-party suppliers
The team provides exceptional customer service. They are always available when we need them and continue to go over and above
Legal 500 [UK 2024]