From acquisition to occupation, our Housebuilding team will provide you with specialist advice at each stage of your development.
We act for five of the top ten national housebuilders, together with a significant number of other national housebuilders and SME developers.
Our full service team includes specialist real estate, planning, tax, health and safety, rights of light, telecoms, construction, agricultural, rights of way and environmental lawyers.
Our dedicated plots sales team is also available to assist you through to the end of your development and has a long track record of managing plot sales.
We regularly deal with residential and mixed-use schemes ranging in size from 5 to 5,000 units.
Our service for housebuilders
- Negotiation and drafting of conditional and unconditional sale and purchase agreements, complex options, promotion, joint venture and development agreements.
- All aspects of planning law, including negotiation of s106 Agreements, submission of planning appeals and judicial reviews.
- Negotiation of sales and revenue based overages and pre-emption agreements.
- Development finance.
- PRS (private rented sector) schemes.
- Contractor and consultant appointments, collateral warranties and contractor disputes.
- Rights of light and telecoms disputes.
- SDLT (Stamp Duty Land Tax) and VAT.
- Infrastructure agreements including bridge agreements, highways and drainage agreements.
- Affordable housing sales and development agreements.
- Volume plot sales, estate management set up and disposal, including landlord and tenant rights of first refusal, rights to manage and enfranchisement.
Our experience ensures we identify and understand potential issues and possible development constraints early on, so that we can resolve these in a practical and effective way. This, coupled with our knowledge of opportunities and market challenges, means we provide you with a full and seamless experience from start to finish.