Taking our client service to the Next Level
19 December 2022
Delivering excellent client service is a continued focus for us at Birketts and we are always looking for ways to take our clients’ experiences of working with us to the Next Level.
In line with this thinking, earlier this year, we conducted an exercise to seek feedback from our clients to understand their perception of the Birketts’ brand and their recent experiences of working with us. This was conducted via an online questionnaire, which was completed by over 600 clients.
What did we find out?
Overall, clients’ perception is that Birketts is a personable, professional firm, which demonstrates a clear understanding of the challenges facing clients today, delivering a very good service. 88% were very satisfied with the service they had received from Birketts, with 88% of those clients likely to recommend Birketts and 64% already have.
Our clients perceive Birketts’ key strengths to be:
- Strong knowledge and experience in relevant areas
- Demonstrating a strong understanding of the clients and their business
- Being good to work with, providing a personal service
- Being responsive and efficient, turning high quality work around quickly
- Offering a wide range of services and expertise
Pleasingly, our strengths align with our core values, which underpin our Next Level service ethos. Communicating proactively with clients is an area where we scored well, but where we are looking to positively improve.
While it’s always fantastic to receive positive feedback on those areas where we are performing well, we are also keen to identify those areas where there is room for improvement.
Firstly, our Client Development Team has been working with colleagues to deliver follow-up workshops across the business. These sessions have focussed on areas identified for improvement – proactive communication and transparency and certainty on costs – and the implementation of action plans and best practice guides for circulation firm wide.
Secondly, following feedback from our clients, we have rolled out some technology solutions to better the client experience:
- DocuSign (a platform for e-signing of documents) is being implemented across the business to make completion of documents quicker and more efficient; and
- We have invested in market-leading Cloud-based platform HighQ, enabling us to work more collaboratively with clients, providing secure file sharing and document viewing.
These are only the first initial steps. This is an ongoing project and one that will continue through into 2023, where we are looking to deploy more innovative solutions and new processes to continually improve the client experience.
In the meantime, if you have any additional feedback or ideas, we’d love to hear from you! Get in touch with us at [email protected]