You can download a map with directions to our Norwich office here.
Solicitors in Norwich
We opened our first office in Queen Street, Norwich in May 2004. Those premises were quickly outgrown and we were delighted that in December 2008 we were able to move into the flagship building that we currently occupy. During this time we have become firmly established as one of the top tier law firms in Norwich. Watch our short video to discover how Birketts can help you.
Our offices in Kingfisher House were officially opened and blessed by the Bishop of Norwich on Monday 19 January 2009, in a ceremony with Birketts’ staff and key individuals from the Kingfisher House project team. Visitors to our meeting rooms on the top floor can enjoy a stunning view over the City’s sky-line, taking in the magnificent 315ft spire of Norwich Cathedral, the second tallest in England.
Of a total staff of over 600, more than 115 are based in the Norwich office. Our excellent team of lawyers and solicitors in Norfolk specialise in a full range of services across corporate and commercial law, litigation and dispute resolution, property law, agricultural law, employment law, estate planning and wills and family law. It is also the base for our specialist social housing, plot sales, professional negligence and licensing legal teams.
Birketts is recognised as one of the top UK law firms
Legal 500 [UK 2019]
- Ranked in band 1 for Agriculture, Banking and Finance, Charities and Social Enterprise, Construction, Contentious Trusts and Probate, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Commercial Property, Corporate and Commercial, Corporate Tax, Crime (general and fraud), Education, Employment, Environment, Family, Health and Safety, Insolvency, Licensing, Planning, Property Litigation, Social Housing and Transport and Shipping.
- Robert Tiffen is the only Solicitor named as Next Generation Lawyer for Commercial Litigation: Norwich.
- Max Roessler is the only Solicitor to appear in the Hall of Fame for Professional Negligence: East Anglia.
Chambers [UK 2019]
- Ranked in the top tier for Agriculture, Banking and Finance, Construction, Corporate M&A, Employment, Environment, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Planning, Real Estate Litigation, Restructuring and Insolvency and Social housing.
- Jack Royall is the only Solicitor ranked in band 1 for Agriculture, Norwich.
- Sophia Key is the only Solicitor to be named as 'Up and Coming' for Agriculture, Norwich.
- Karl Pocock is the only Solicitor to be named as a 'Star Associate' for Tax, East Anglia.
Partner Jeanette Wheeler is the office’s representative on the management board.
As solicitors in Norfolk the community is very important to us. As well as operating a charitable fund – The Birketts Charitable Fund – administered by the Norfolk Community Foundation and supporting locally based charitable projects, we also regularly support a number of sporting and cultural events.