You can download a map with directions to our Norwich office here.
Solicitors in Norwich
We opened our first office in Queen Street, Norwich in May 2004. Those premises were quickly outgrown and we were delighted that in December 2008 we were able to move into the flagship building that we currently occupy. During this time we have become firmly established as one of the top tier law firms in Norwich. Watch our short video to discover how Birketts can help you.
Our offices in Kingfisher House were officially opened and blessed by the Bishop of Norwich on Monday 19 January 2009, in a ceremony with Birketts’ staff and key individuals from the Kingfisher House project team. Visitors to our meeting rooms on the top floor can enjoy a stunning view over the City’s sky-line, taking in the magnificent 315ft spire of Norwich Cathedral, the second tallest in England.
Of a total staff of over 700, more than 170 are based in the Norwich office. Our excellent team of lawyers and solicitors in Norfolk specialise in a full range of services across corporate and commercial law, litigation and dispute resolution, property law, agricultural law, employment law, estate planning and wills and family law. It is also the base for our specialist social housing, plot sales, professional negligence and licensing legal teams.
Birketts is recognised as one of the top UK law firms
Legal 500 [UK 2020]
- Ranked in band 1 for Corporate and Commercial: Norwich, Commercial Property: Norwich and Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate: Norwich.
- Additionally Birketts are ranked in band 1 for Agriculture and Estates, Banking and Finance, Charities, Construction, Contentious Trusts and Probate, Corporate Tax, Crime: Fraud, Debt Recovery, Education, Employment, Environment and Planning, Family, Health and Safety, Immigration, Insolvency and Corporate Recovery, Licensing, Professional Negligence, Property Litigation, Social Housing and Transport and Shipping.
- Max Roessler is the only Leading Individual / Hall of Fame member recommended for Commercial Litigation: Norwich.
- Greg Allan is the only 'Next Generation Partner' recommended for Banking and Finance: East Anglia.
- Cameron Barlow is the only 'Rising Star' recommended for Commercial Property: Norwich.
- Emily Groom and Sarah Fish are the only 'Rising Stars' recommended for Social Housing: East Anglia.
- Karl Pocock is the only 'Leading Individual' recommended for Corporate Tax: East Anglia.
- Julie Gowland is the only 'Rising Star' recommended for Crime: Fraud.
- Philippa Dyer and Julie Gowland are the only 'Rising Stars' recommended for Crime: General.
Chambers [UK 2020]
Chambers High Net Worth [UK 2019]
Partner Jeanette Wheeler is the office’s representative on the management board.
As solicitors in Norfolk the community is very important to us. As well as operating a charitable fund – The Birketts Charitable Fund – administered by the Norfolk Community Foundation and supporting locally based charitable projects, we also regularly support a number of sporting and cultural events.