Solicitors in Cambridge
We opened our first Cambridge office in the heart of the City’s professional services district in March 2008. In November 2015, we moved to our current premises. During this time we have become firmly established as one of the top tier solicitor firms in Cambridge and within the Cambridgeshire area.
Our Cambridge team of expert lawyers and solicitors specialise in a full range of services across corporate and commercial law, dispute resolution, property law, mediation law, agricultural law, employment law, wills and estate planning and family law. It is also the base for our specialist strategic land development, education, planning, insolvency and technology sector teams. Watch our short video to discover how Birketts can help you.
Of a total of over 900 staff, more than 100 lawyers are based in the Cambridge office where we have attracted key individuals across the firm’s key service areas.
Where to park
The nearest car park is Cambridge Train Station (CB1 2JW) or Cambridge Leisure Park (CB1 7GX).
Nearest train station
Cambridge Train Station (CB1 2JW). The station is only a three minute walk to the office.
Birketts is recognised as one of the top UK law firms – Legal 500 (UK 2023)
- Ranked in the top tier for Commercial Litigation: Cambridge, Commercial Property: Cambridge, Corporate and Commercial: Cambridge and Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate: Cambridge.
- Additionally Birketts are ranked in band 1 (East Anglia) for Agriculture and Estates, Banking and Finance, Construction, Charities and Not-for-Profit, Contentious Trusts and Probate, Corporate Tax, Debt Recovery, Employment, Family, General Crime and Fraud, Health and Safety, Immigration, Insolvency and Corporate Recovery, Licensing, Planning and Environment, Property Litigation, Public Sector, Social Housing and Transport and Shipping.
- Birketts are the only firm to be ranked in band 1 for Commercial Property: Elsewhere in East Anglia.
- Birketts are the only firm to be ranked in band 1 for Transport and Shipping: East Anglia.
- Birketts are the only firm to be ranked in band 1 for Social Housing: East Anglia.
- Birketts are the only firm to be ranked in band 1 for Health and Safety: East Anglia.
- Chris Schwer is the only Hall of Fame member for Planning and Environment: East Anglia.
- Paul Palik is the only Next Generation Lawyer for IT and Telecoms: East Anglia.
Chambers (UK 2022)
- Birketts are the only firm to be ranked in band 1 for Environment: East Anglia.
- Alex Schaafsma is the only Solicitor to be named as ‘up and coming’ for Banking and Finance: East Anglia.
- Additionally, Birketts are ranked in the top tier for Corporate / M&A:Mid Market and Private Equity, Crime, Employment, Family / Matrimonial, Litigation, Planning, Real Estate, Restructuring / Insolvency and Social Housing.
Chambers High Net Worth (UK 2022)
- Ranked in band 1 for Private Wealth Law – Cambridge and Surrounds.
- Caroline Stenner is ranked in band 2 for her Private Wealth expertise.
Partner Laurence Weeks is the office’s representative on the management board.
As Cambridge solicitors the community is very important to us. We have established a charitable fund – The Birketts Charitable Fund – managed by the Cambridgeshire Community Foundation which is committed to supporting locally based charitable projects. To read about some of the grants that have been made from the Birketts Cambridgeshire fund, please visit the Cambridgeshire Community Foundation site.
If you are looking for legal advice and support from our solicitors in Cambridge, we encourage you to get in touch with us today.