Solicitors in Norwich
We opened our first office in Queen Street, Norwich in May 2004. Those premises were quickly outgrown and we were delighted that in December 2008 we were able to move into the flagship building that we currently occupy. During this time we have become firmly established as one of the top tier law firms in Norwich. Watch our short video to discover more about Birketts.
Our offices in Kingfisher House were officially opened and blessed by the Bishop of Norwich on Monday 19 January 2009, in a ceremony with Birketts’ staff and key individuals from the Kingfisher House project team. Visitors to our meeting rooms on the top floor can enjoy a stunning view over the City’s sky-line, taking in the magnificent 315ft spire of Norwich Cathedral, the second tallest in England.
Of a total staff of over 800, more than 190 are based in the Norwich office. Our excellent team of lawyers and solicitors in Norfolk specialise in a full range of services across corporate and commercial law, litigation and dispute resolution, property law, agricultural law, employment law, estate planning and wills and family law. It is also the base for our specialist social housing, plot sales, professional negligence and licensing legal teams.
Birketts is recognised as one of the top UK law firms – Legal 500 (UK 2022)
- Ranked in band 1 for Corporate and Commercial: Norwich, Commercial Property: Norwich and Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate: Norwich.
- Additionally Birketts are ranked in band 1 (East Anglia) for Agriculture and Estates, Banking and Finance, Charities and Not-for-Profit, Contentious Trusts and Probate, Corporate Tax, Debt Recovery, Employment, Family, General Crime and Fraud, Health and Safety, Immigration, Insolvency and Corporate Recovery, Licensing, Planning and Environment, Property Litigation, Public Sector.
- Andrew Ridout is the only ‘Rising Star’ for Commercial Property: Norwich.
- Julie Gowland is the only ‘Rising Star’ for General Crime and Fraud: East Anglia.
- Karl Pocock is the only ‘Leading Individual’ in Corporate Tax: East Anglia.
Chambers (UK 2022)
- Ranked in band 1 for Agriculture and Rural Affairs: Norwich and Crime: Norwich.
- Jack Royall is the only Solicitor to be ranked in band 1 for Agriculture and Rural Affairs: Norwich and Surrounds.
- Sarah Ellero is the only Solicitor to be named an ‘Associate to Watch’ for Agriculture and Rural Affairs: Norwich and Surrounds.
- Emily Groom is the only Solicitor to be named as an ‘Associate to Watch for Social Housing: East Anglia.
- Birketts are the only firm to be ranked in band 1 for Environment: East Anglia.
- Additionally, Birketts are ranked in the top tier for Corporate / M&A:Mid Market and Private Equity, Employment, Litigation, Planning, Real Estate, Restructuring / Insolvency and Social Housing.
Chambers High Net Worth (UK 2022)
- Ranked in band 2 for Private Wealth Law – Norwich and Surrounds.
- Partners, Bernadette Baker and Lorna Spear are ranked in band 1 for their Private Wealth Disputes and Private Wealth expertise respectively.
Partner Jeanette Wheeler is the office’s representative on the management board.
As solicitors in Norfolk the community is very important to us. As well as operating a charitable fund – The Birketts Charitable Fund – administered by the Norfolk Community Foundation and supporting locally based charitable projects, we also regularly support a number of sporting and cultural events