Employment disciplinary or grievance investigations, hearings and appeals can be time-consuming and complex, especially in the healthcare and education sectors. Involving an impartial consultant may be necessary in some cases to avoid a breach of the Acas Code.
Whether you are a large organisation that needs extra, independent resource to call upon from time-to-time or a smaller organisation that doesn’t have specialist HR resource, our impartial team can help.
Birketts’ legally trained consultants can assist at any stage of a disciplinary or grievance procedure, whether in the form of HR support and guidance, or leading hearings and appeals. They are able to carry out workplace investigations into any employee relations issues, and can be parachuted in to assist with restructuring or TUPE projects.
Birketts’ Investigations and Employee Relations Consultants have a track record of:
- getting to the bottom of the issues using the skills and knowledge honed from preparing and presenting Employment Tribunal cases
- saving management time, while at the same time reducing the strain caused by employees being investigated by colleagues
- providing comprehensive reports that summarise the evidence and explain the applicable law in a clear and accessible manner
- reducing risk to organisations.
Birketts’ consultants can also provide ‘legally privileged’ side reports at board level, or to HR and business managers advising on difficult legal issues arising from employee conflict or workplace change.
Our consultancy services cover:
- workplace investigations (including the provision of clear and robust reports) into the following matters:
- misconduct and gross misconduct issues
- allegations of bullying or discrimination
- the conduct of disciplinary, grievance and appeal hearings
- HR support and guidance at disciplinary and capability hearings (including under MHPS)
- project managing workforce re-structuring and TUPE exercises.
To discuss your specific requirements and request an estimate, please contact Lorna Townsend.