Our specialist solicitors and barristers are highly skilled in all aspects of health and safety legislation and are experienced in defending companies and individuals in the most serious health and safety prosecutions. They will support you through every step of the process in a practical, commercial and straightforward way whilst offering the highest levels of legal advice, representation and advocacy.
Examples of cases for the team include:
- defending a local authority acquitted at the Crown Court in an HSE prosecution concerning a fatality at a public event;
- defending a construction company prosecuted in the Crown Court following a double fatality on site;
- defending the client in a CDM project following a tragedy on site which led to a quadruple fatality;
- representing a company director who was interviewed for gross negligence manslaughter but no action was taken;
- defending a national haulier prosecuted following an accident where an employee was injured; the local authority dropped the case;
- representing the principal contractor in the investigation into the Gerrards Cross rail tunnel collapse.
Barrister Matthew Gowen is experienced in defending regulatory and HSE matters, including a recent multiple fatality at a construction site.