We offer the following fixed fees for Premises Licence Applications.
- New Premises Licence Application: £1,300 plus VAT (VAT is currently charged at 20%) and disbursements*
- Major Variation Application: £1,300 plus VAT (VAT is currently charged at 20%) and disbursements*
- Minor Variation Application: £700 plus VAT (VAT is currently charged at 20%) and disbursements*
Our fixed fee services includes:
- obtaining your instructions and advising you as to how you can promote the licensing objectives within your application
- advising you as the type of plans you are required to submit with your application
- completing the application form in accordance with your instructions and submitting this to the local licensing authority alongside suitable plans (you are responsible for providing suitable plans)
- providing guidance on the fee levels payable to the licensing authority
- preparing copies of the premises licence application for disclosure to the responsible authorities and serving copies of the application on the responsible authorities
- drafting the notices advertising the premises licence application or variation and submitting the notice to the local newspaper, if applicable
- arranging with you for you to display the notice(s) advertising the premises licence application and advising as to where and how this should be done by you in order for you to comply with the requirements of the Licensing Act 2003
- providing a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) consent form for signature by a personal licence holder proposed by yourself
- checking the licence once granted and correcting any errors with the licensing authority.
Our fixed fee service does not include:
- obtaining suitable plans
- attending pre-consultation meetings with the Licensing Authority or Responsible Authorities, nor the fee for attending these meetings
- dealing with or advising you in relation to queries or representations received from either the responsible authorities or other interested parties
- attendance and representation at a licensing sub-committee hearing of the responsible authority. If representations are received and attendance and representation at a licensing sub-committee is required then we will provide a separate fee estimate for this work which will be charged at an hourly rate.
How long will my matter take?
Matters usually take four weeks from receipt of full instructions from you and two weeks for minor variation applications. This is on the basis of the application being relatively straightforward and you being able to provide all the necessary documents promptly. If your matter is more complex, for example, if there is substantial opposition from interested parties, or if there is a delay in receiving the documents we need, it may take longer.
*Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties. They include licensing application submission fee and the advertising fee (if applicable). These fees can vary upon location and will be advised at the point of enquiry.