We are proud to offer the services of our Court of Protection Team, with individual lawyers who are renowned for their technical expertise in this area of the law.
Our Court of Protection lawyers are able to advise and provide support in respect of all areas of Court of Protection law: from general deputyship applications and administration, to more complex applications and appeals. With years of experience in this area, our lawyers are able to provide detailed advice to lay deputies, as well as representation in contested Court of Protection matters. At a time when a friend or family member has lost mental capacity to manage their own affairs, our experienced team are able to provide advice and support in a sensitive and empathetic way.
Our advice covers:
- general deputyship administration and reports
- property and affairs deputyship applications
- personal welfare deputyship applications
- statutory will applications
- gift applications
- contested applications, including contested deputyship applications, contested applications for the registration of Enduring and Lasting Powers of Attorney, contested gift applications, and contested statutory will applications
- contested best interest decisions
- NHS Continuing Healthcare Funding applications and appeals
- replacement trustee applications.
In addition, our Court of Protection Team offers a professional deputyship administration service in more complex cases or where there is no suitable person known to the incapable party who is able and/or willing to act in this capacity.