This policy (together with our user Terms) applies to your use of the Birketts Employment Law App (the App).
The App is not intended for children.
Please read the following carefully and feel free to contact our DPO using the contact details below if you have any questions.
We are Birketts LLP (referred to as “Birketts”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this policy).
Our full contact details are:
- Full name of legal entity: Birketts LLP
- Name of DPO: Sarah Ralph
- Email address: [email protected]
- Postal address: Providence House, 141 – 145 Princes Street, Ipswich, IP1 1QJ
This version was last updated in November 2022. It may change and if it does, these changes will be posted in the news feed on the App and, where appropriate, notified to you via a push notification sent to your device.
Third party links
Please check these policies and terms before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Important information about our App
We do not collect any personal data about you when you download and use the App but we would like to give you some information about certain aspects of our App to ensure you understand how it works:
- Notifications – when you download our App a unique token will be automatically generated to enable you to receive push notifications to your device. This token does not enable us to identify you or your device. We use push notifications to notify you when we post new content on our App. You choose whether to turn push notifications on or off when you download the App to ensure you remain in control of what appears on your device. If you wish to change your push notification setting once you have downloaded the App you may do so at any time by adjusting your settings.
- Saved news – you can click on the heart icon that appears next to news articles to add your favourite articles to your saved news list. This feature is designed to help you quickly and easily navigate back to your favourite content. We cannot see whether or not you have made use of this function or what articles you have saved.
- Share function – clicking on the share icon will enable you to quickly and easily share a link to content from the App via your preferred platform. We cannot see whether you have used the share function or access any information about who you share content with or the platform you use to share it.
- Contact – clicking on the phone icon next to any of the individuals appearing on our key contacts list will display the direct contact number for that individual and provide you with an easy one-click dialling option. We cannot see whose name you click on or whether you have used this function.
- Links – most of the links on our Links page will take you directly to the relevant page on the main Birketts website. We cannot see whether you use these links and our App does not track your navigation to or from the App. Please note that once you land on the Birketts website you may be invited to share information with us (e.g. to book a space at one of our events) and information about your device may be collected automatically by the Birketts website. You can learn about how the Birketts website uses personal data by reading the Birketts privacy notice here.
We do not use any cookies on the App.
Questions and complaints
If you believe that our App is processing personal data and that this is in breach of applicable data protection laws you are entitled to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.