Our residential development team offers a full service to private developers and housing associations in the areas of commercial property and commercial and residential development law.
We aim to deliver a successful project by providing commercial and practical solutions and tailored acquisition and development strategies.
The team has extensive experience in dealing with:
- freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals
- option agreements and strategic land planning
- pre-emption agreements
- site assembly for both brown-field and green-field sites
- promotion agreements
- consortium/collaboration agreements
- overage arrangements
- planning, infrastructure and environmental issues
- affordable housing disposals and planning agreements
- mixed user site development
- city/town centre regeneration schemes.
We understand what lenders require and work with them as part of the development team. We work with our clients' accountants to ensure that deals are structured to minimise tax bills.
We also offer a competitively priced plot sales service from a dedicated team which has considerable experience in dealing with volume plot sales for developer clients to enable them to achieve their targets. We realise the importance of setting up strong working relationships with sales managers and site sales negotiators and adopt a pro-active style in dealing with residential development instructions.
We understand and negotiate numerous legal documents required for any development, e.g. utility, highway and planning agreements. We can call upon our construction, planning and environmental colleagues for advice as and when required.