Food and Beverages
Our Food and Beverage Sector Team comprises a group of specialists who are experienced in all aspects of the law impacting food and drink businesses.
From field to fork, every stage of the food and drink production, processing and distribution chain is subject to regulation of one form or another. Based across the UK, our multi-disciplinary team combines leading legal expertise with a deep understanding of the issues facing players in the food and drink sector – from start-ups to international brands.
Our experience and client base
Our clients range from agricultural producers, animal feed manufacturers, livestock operators, drinks companies, ingredient and flavourings manufacturers, food processors, distributors and packaging and labelling companies.
From acquisitions, restructuring and partnerships, to supply chain issues, commercial contracts, employment and disposals, our team can advise on any legal challenge that arises as part of the lifecycle of any food and drink industry business.
Top Tier 2024
- Corporate acquisitions and disposals
- Management buy-outs
- Management buy-ins
- Corporate lending
- Restructuring and refinancing
- Joint ventures and partnerships
- Supply chain, logistics and distribution issues
- Food safety law, including trading standards and product liability
- Brand development, exploitation, and diversification
- Food labelling, marketing and advertising
- Commercial contracts and disputes
- Employment, immigration and employee benefits
- Regulatory, including environmental and health and safety
- Competition law
- Property acquisitions, disposals and tenancies
Birketts’ legal team were great at dealing with all the issues and being able to call upon a range of expertise from across the firm resulted in a smooth and efficient process and, most importantly, a positive outcome for the business and shareholders alike.
Rory Bowman, CEO [Bowman Ingredients Holdings Limited]