From acquisition to occupation, our specialist Housebuilding sector group will provide you with specialist advice at every stage of the housebuilding cycle.
We act for eight of the top ten national housebuilders, together with regional and SME developers, dealing with residential and mixed use schemes ranging in size from 5 to 5000 dwellings.
Our dedicated plots sales team is also available to assist you through to the end of your development and has a long track record of managing plot sales.
Our services for residential developers
- Negotiation and drafting of conditional and unconditional sale and purchase agreements, complex and strategic options, promotion, joint venture and development agreements.
- Consortium and Collaboration agreements.
- Site assembly for both brown and green field development.
- All aspects of planning law, including negotiation of s106 Agreements, submission of planning appeals and judicial reviews.
- Negotiation of sales and revenue based overages and pre-emption agreements.
- Development finance.
- Contractor and consultant appointments, collateral warranties and contractor disputes.
- Rights of light and telecoms disputes.
- SDLT (Stamp Duty Land Tax) and VAT.
- Infrastructure agreements including bridge agreements, highways and drainage and other utility agreements.
- Affordable housing sales and development agreements.
- PRS (private rented sector) schemes.
- Volume plot sales (our dedicated plots sales team handle more than 3,000 sales per year), estate management set up and disposal, including landlord and tenant rights of first refusal, rights to manage and enfranchisement.
Our experience ensures we identify and understand potential issues and possible development constraints early on, so that we can resolve these in a practical and effective way. This, coupled with our knowledge of opportunities and market challenges, means we provide you with a full, competitive and seamless experience from start to finish. We are an active part of the residential development sector, we do not just provide advice to it.