Renewables and Clean Energy
Our dedicated multi-disciplinary team provides specialist, strategic and commercially driven advice on a broad range of energy projects.
We advise on established and emerging technologies withour experienced team lawyers regularly assisting clients across a broad range of clean energy projects.
Our approach is one of collaboration, and our combined specialist knowledge of real estate, agricultural, planning, construction, commercial, and environmental law issues, means that clients receive legal advice from experts who understand the issues inside and out.
Our experience and client base
Birketts acts for, developers, funders and investors in renewable energy. We advise on a wide range of developments: photovoltaic (ground mount and rooftop), battery, EV infrastructure, wind power, anaerobic digestion, waste powered combined heat and power (CHP) plants as well as newer technologies such as hydrogen.
We advise on complex option agreements with multiple stakeholders, power purchase agreements, outsourcing and supply agreements, construction and engineering contracts, and planning and environmental issues arising from onshore wind farms, solar panels and battery storage units.
Legal 500 [UK 2024]
Chambers [UK 2023]
East of England Energy Group
- Solar projects (rooftop and ground mount)
- Battery energy storage systems (BESS)
- Hybrid and co-located projects (e.g. BESS/solar projects)
- Wind power projects
- Anaerobic digestion
- Waste powered combined heat and power plants
- EV charging infrastructure
- Complex option agreements
- Leases with single or multiple stakeholders
- Power purchase agreements
- Outsourcing and supply agreements
- Construction and engineering contracts
- Corporate acquisitions, joint venture agreements, investment rounds and funding
- Utilities contracts
- Planning and environmental issues
They have an expert in every field and there is seamless transition between teams.
Chambers [UK 2023]