Our Capital Markets Team offers the full range of services required by publicly quoted and listed companies.
Capital Markets Services for Business
Our Capital Markets Team has an excellent reputation for providing City quality advice and service, at regional costs. Headed by Adrian Possener, the team has extensive experience and insight of a wide range of market, such as the Official List, AIM, IPSX and AQSE, and the day to day, and transaction led, requirements of them.
Our expertise includes:
- public share issues (capital market flotations on various stock exchanges, including the Official List and AIM, whether for Initial Public Offerings, Introductions, Placings, Secondary Issues or other types of offerings)
- continuing obligations (under relevant regulatory and statutory frameworks)
- unlisted share offers (raising finance by share issue programmes, including for Enterprise Investment Schemes and unlisted share issues)
- sector specialists (new emerging companies raising working capital through new share issues, particularly in the technology sector, including information technology, and the property development sector)
- public company takeovers (acting for both bidders and targets on public company takeovers, including by way of schemes of arrangements)
- bid defence (drafting handbook)
- Takeover Panel (regular interaction)
- Group structuring (including restructuring and shareholders relationships and corporate governance)
- Directors’ duties (including capital market regulatory aspects and in particular the considerations and roles for non-executive directors).
We value long-term relationships with our clients and are willing to invest time and resources at the outset of a transaction in order to properly understand a client’s business and objectives. We find this leads to strong and long-lasting relationships between us and our clients, and the achievement of those objectives.
Our impression of Birketts was of a committed, accurate and schedule-conscious team dedicated to achieving the best outcome and offering value.
Chambers [UK 2022]