From employee records to customer databases, personal data is essential to the everyday operation of all businesses and organisations but data protection compliance is becoming an increasingly daunting task for many.
Data Protection Services for Business
Our team of data protection specialists work with our clients to ensure that they operate within the rules so that the personal data they hold remains an asset rather than becoming a liability.
We offer a tailored service designed to meet the specific requirements and budget of each client. Our priority is to manage your risk and deliver pragmatic and commercial solutions for real-world application.
Our experts draw on a broad depth of experience to deliver a full-range of services including:
- a full suite of training options including affordable off-the-peg modules and bespoke sessions to meet business-specific requirements
- compliance planning and strategy advice
- audits and gap analysis
- review and drafting of data protection policies
- guidance and advice in relation to Article 30 data processing records, Legitimate Interest Assessments and Data Protection Impact Assessments
- responding to data subject rights requests including subject access requests and erasure requests
- data breach management
- drafting data processing and data sharing agreements
- supporting international data transfers through implementation of standard contractual clauses/international data sharing agreements and transfer impact assessments
- advising on governance matters including the appointment of DPOs and UK and EU representatives and identification of the lead authority
- marketing compliance reviews and guidance
- managing complaints and ICO investigations and enforcement actions
- dealing with compensation claims
- advising on data protection aspects of corporate transactions
We work with a broad and diverse range of different businesses and organisations from small start-ups and charities to public authorities and national professional membership bodies with a growing international practice. Every client can expect technical excellence delivered with the highest standards of client care.
Ensuring that your staff understand how data protection laws impact on their day-to-day role has never been more important. Regular and appropriate training for staff at all levels within your business will reduce your risk of breach and assist you in meeting your accountability obligations. We have developed a range of training options to support you including board level briefings and risk and awareness training for all staff as well as practical data protection modules addressing specific issues such as marketing compliance and handling subject access requests. Please visit our Shaping Excellence page for further details.
We produce a variety of newsletters covering changes in legislation, topical news and issues affecting our clients. We feature general content on data protection matters in Upload, our newsletter for the tech sector. We also include sector and service specific data protection content in a number of our other newsletters. You can view and download the latest issues of all of our newsletters from our newsletter page. If you would like to automatically receive future issues of any publication please register your details.
Extremely good team, very technically skilled. great to work with.
Legal 500 [UK 2023]