Home Office enforcement visits- preparing for a Home Office audit
Why choose this course?
Current Government policy is driving a clamp down on illegal migration and illegal working
meaning immigration enforcement visits and checks on business are increasingly common. Immigration enforcement visits can cause widespread business disruption and stress and anxiety for business stakeholders and employees alike.
This session is designed to help you understand the current Home Office approach to enforcement checks and company compliance audits and provide you with practical advice and guidance that can be built in to your existing HR policies and protocols to ensure you’re well prepared in the event of Home Office inspection and, with robust day to day best practice, manage your risk and minimise triggers for Home Office inspection.
- Why and when the Home Office undertake audits
- What to expect
- Record keeping requirements and file reviews
- Interview requirements:
- Authorising Officer
- Staff interviews
- Being business ready – having an Enforcement visit protocol
- Practical tips including briefing security and reception teams
- What happens after an Enforcement visit
- Remediation plans and licence downgrades
- Licence revocation