Our Telecoms team has seen rapid expansion in recent years with the boom in mobile phone masts and data centres. Led by James Robinson, a property litigation specialist, the team acts for major property developers on a national scale, advising on telecoms related issues and with experience of litigating against all of the major phone companies.
On a daily basis, James is involved in evicting telecom operators from sites mainly for redevelopment purposes and has a wealth of experience in dealing with the complex issues which arise in these types of matters.
In the last two years, the team’s work has involved:
- arranging the removal of mast sites and data centres for FTSE listed companies to facilitate redevelopment of landmark sites
- acting for a major educational institution in the removal of a mast site under tight time pressures to make way for a new supermarket and housing development
- acting for police authorities and local council on removal of mast sites to allow redevelopment schemes to proceed
- advising on the validity of break notices relating to decommissioning of mast sites through network consolidation and site sharing arrangements
- acting for landowners in disputed lease renewal applications with the primary objective of arranging for the mobile phone operators to complete renewal leases on sensible terms
- dealing with all types of Court proceedings under paragraph 20 and 21 of the Electronic Communications Code
- advising on OFCOM regulatory matters.
The team acts exclusively for landowners, not the phone operators and offers its services to the full range of clients from the UK's largest developers to farmers and other individuals.
James and his team work closely with other specialist surveyors to provide a complete advisory service. James is also a member of the RICS Telecoms Forum.