Legal 500: First tier for Transport (East Anglia)
Chambers and Partners: ranked nationwide for road transport regulatory
Our Transport and Logistics Team can assist you with all your legal needs in the increasingly regulated world of transport, from contractual and liabilities issues to regulatory and operational problems. We assist with transport specific issues such as tachographs, licensing, terms and conditions, logistics contracts and liens, to more general areas of law such as health and safety, employment, immigration, corporate and property.
Our specialist advice covers:
- terms and conditions, including freight and passenger transport
- carrier's liability, both domestic and under the CMR, and Warsaw Convention
- logistics contracts and liens - negotiation and enforcement
- transport, distribution, warehousing and carriage disputes
- operator licence undertakings
- road transport regulatory issues
- road traffic accidents
- product liability claims
We frequently represent companies and individuals in prosecutions brought by the police and DVSA and in Public Inquiries before the Traffic Commissioner. Head of team, Laura Thomas, sits as a Deputy Traffic Commissioner and was previously a board member for the FTA. We also, uniquely, have a transport consultant in the team who formerly worked for DVSA and offers practical advice and audits.
Recent cases for the team include:
- representing an individual in a multi-handed tachograph case which included significant legal and evidential argument;
- representing a haulier at public inquiry applying for a new operator licence following revocation of their previous licence by the Traffic Commissioner;
- representing a multiple licence holder in respect of a wide ranging public inquiry covering all licence
- representing a PSV driver who fatally injured a pedestrian.
Our lawyers take a commercial approach to your business with many having industry experience. They have close connections with the maritime and transport lawyers in all major jurisdictions, proficiently liaising, if required in French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Mandarin, Cantonese or Russian.
See also details of our related services Shipping and International Trade, Corporate Criminal Defence, and Debt Recovery.
We produce a variety of newsletters covering changes in legislation, topical news and issues affecting our clients. You can download the latest issue of Deliver, our newsletter for those working within the road transport and logistics sector, from our newsletter page. If you would like to automatically receive future issues please register your details.