Our highly regarded Banking and Finance Team has a comprehensive understanding of the issues faced by our clients in today's financing environment.
The team's expertise covers a variety of financial products and services across a wide range of industry sectors. We are regularly instructed by lenders and investors, as well as borrowers and companies seeking finance.
We provide clear and pragmatic advice and recognise that many banking and finance deals are the start of a new relationship between lender and borrower. Good communication, clear purpose and a practical approach from the legal team allow that key relationship to start on the right foot.
The team regularly advises on:
- funding of construction/developments
- funding of investment properties/property acquisition finance
- agricultural finance
- corporate acquisition finance
- asset based lending, invoice discounting, stock financing and asset finance
- growth funding
- refinancings and other funding
- hedging transactions
- general banking and security matters.
Clients include Lloyds Banking Group (including Bank of Scotland), Santander plc, HSBC Bank plc, Clydesdale Bank plc, National Westminster Bank/Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Handelsbanken, Norwich and Peterborough Building Society, Ipswich Building Society, Legion Trade Finance and Boost Capital, as well as a number of other private lenders.