- Other Information
Karen has a breadth of experience in commercial real estate; including acquisitions, disposals, and leasehold transactions. Karen specialises in development site arrangements and collaboration agreements, as well as related funding work. Her recent experience includes:
- Drafting and negotiating joint venture agreements
- Preparing residential development sites for plot disposals
- Drafting option, pre-emption and overage agreements
- Acquisition of a foreshore and riverbed from The Crown Estate
- Drafting and negotiating leases, licences and supporting documents
Karen studied environmental engineering in New Zealand and read law through the University of London International Programmes; before completing the Legal Practice Course at De Montfort with distinction.
Karen gained over 15 years’ experience as an environmental engineer prior to pursuing a career in the law. Her previous experience included a wide range of planning and environmental work focussed on assessing and balancing the impacts of development.