Our specialist lawyers understand the cultural and political dimensions of local government and the importance of transparency and reputation.
We have a multi-disciplinary team of over 250 highly experienced lawyers, based across our offices in Chelmsford, Ipswich, Norwich, Cambridge, and London.
Consistently ranked in the top tier of legal directories, our team is client and solution focused, working seamlessly with councils to deliver proactive, practical, and pragmatic advice.
We understand the pressure on local government and we work collaboratively with our clients to ensure that objectives are achieved on time and to budget.
Our experience and client base
Our Public Sector Team draws on the expertise of specialists across a wide variety of legal disciplines including Public Law, Property, Planning, Construction, Housing, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Commercial, Information Governance and Regulatory and Licensing. We act for County Councils, Unitary Authorities, London Boroughs, District Councils and Parish Councils.
We are a supplier on the Crown Commercial Service Public Sector Legal Services Framework RM6240, the KCS Procurement Services Legal Services Framework, and the London Boroughs’ Legal Alliance Framework.
Top Tier 2023
- Corporate governance and statutory powers
- Public Procurement
- Subsidy control
- Housing regeneration
- Property, including commercial landlord and tenant
- Planning, and Compulsory Purchase Orders (CPO)
- Environmental law
- Highways and rights of way
- Housing management including housing disrepair
- Civil and criminal litigation and judicial review
- Intellectual Property
- Freedom of Information and Data Protection
- Environmental health
- Health and safety
- Local authority companies and joint ventures
- Shared services and service level agreements
- Employment, pensions and TUPE