Owen joined Birketts in January 2022. He is a Paralegal in our Social Housing Team and is based in our Cambridge office. Owen deals with a variety of social housing matters for housing association and local authority clients, such as:
- Providing general advice to clients on repairing covenants and other obligations.
- Supporting organisations with the recovery of rent and service charge arrears.
- Supporting organisations with ASB and access injunctions.
- Assisting in the running of possession or forfeiture claims.
- Assisting and defending disrepair claims.
Owen is currently enrolled on an Open University Law (LLB) degree and is on course to graduate in 2026 and plans to continue his path towards qualifying as a Solicitor. In 2017, Owen founded and ran a nationally recognised parliamentary campaign which successfully changed legislation within the world of sports law. He also has previous experience as a caseworker/campaign organiser for a Member of Parliament.