- Other Information
Sanna specialises in transactions within the utilities sector providing strategic advice and legal solutions to UK’s leading network providers for electricity, gas, water and telecommunications. This includes leading Independent Distribution Network Operators, Distribution Network Operators, Gas Transporters, Water Suppliers and intermediary companies.
She has a vast range of experience in advising statutory undertakers on all aspects of utility infrastructure transactions. She is adept at negotiating and drafting complex transfers and leases for substations, telecommunications and gas governors; deeds of grant for gas, electricity and telecommunications easements; and sewer adoption agreements. These documents are crucial in enabling developers to complete projects within projected timescales.
- Negotiating and completing a multi-utility transaction for a residential development site involving transfers for 4 electricity substations, a transfer for an ultrafast fibre unit and a transfer for gas governor for a medium pressure connection.
- Completing a lease for an electricity substation providing electricity to a large football stadium in London.
- Negotiating and completing a transfer for an electricity substation supporting new school premises as well as a public library.
- Completing multi-utility transfers for a residential development site comprising over 700 homes. This included a transfer for a medium pressure gas governor, a transfer for a fibre unit and transfers for multiple electricity substations supporting 21,000m of onsite electricity cables.
- Negotiating and completing a lease for an electricity providing electricity for a block of student accommodation, constructed in a conservation area of architectural importance. Careful consideration was taken to ensure statutory requirements for preserving the listed buildings, were complied with.
- Completing a complex lease involving several parties, for an electricity substation providing electricity to several commercial units at a large business centre in the heart of London.
- Acting for UK’s largest water and waste-water company in relation to sewer adoption agreements for sewers built at sites across UK including a residential development, a school and a commercial business park.
- Completing deeds of grant for electricity, gas and fibre easements to provide utilities at a care home.
- Negotiating and completing a Deed of Grant for an electricity easement at a country park.
Sanna studied Law at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, graduating with a 2:1 LLB (Hons) degree. She subsequently completed her Legal Practice Course at Anglia Ruskin University in Chelmsford, achieving a Commendation.
In her spare time Sanna participates in the firm’s Cornerstone Employer initiative. The programme supports local secondary and college students from diverse backgrounds, to prepare them for the working world. She is passionate about inspiring young talent to enter the legal sector regardless of their background.
In addition, Sanna volunteers as a trustee for a local charity that supports vulnerable women and children affected by domestic abuse. She also participates in the charity’s Self-Esteem programme which engages with girls from local primary schools in self-esteem workshops.