Birketts’ Chelmsford Charitable initiatives revealed
3 February 2023
For the 16th year running Birketts’ Charitable Funds continue to positively impact local communities.
Launched in 2006 and administered by Community Foundations across Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire Essex and London, Birketts’ Charitable fund was established to support our communities across East Anglia and London. With a focus on climate action, sustainability and ethical conduct, reflecting our core values ‘doing the right thing’ the initiative has grown from strength to strength.
In the financial year June 2021-June 2022 we distributed just over £66,000 across multiple charities and this year looks set to be just as successful.
Birketts’ is extremely pleased to share that the Chelmsford office has allocated £12,400, raised since June 2022, to its charities for the year:
- Klimax Family Hub, an organisation serving the African community in the South East of England to find their purpose and maximise their potential – received £2,000
- SAFE Essex, a support group for individuals and families affected by Asperger Syndrome and High Functioning Autism in Essex – received £1,900
- St Vincent de Paul Society (Springfield), an international Christian voluntary network dedicated to tackling poverty in all its forms – received £2,000
- The Coroner’s Court Support Service, an independent voluntary organisation that offers emotional support and practical help to bereaved families and witnesses – received £2,500
- CARA, a centre for action on rape and abuse for victims and survivors of sexual violence – received £2,000
- Rehabilitation, a charity specialising in equine assisted therapy for children and adults with physical, mental, social and learning difficulties – received £2,000
To find out more about Birketts’ charitable initiatives, please visit birketts.co.uk/environmental-social-governance/