Emma joined Birketts in 2017 and is an Associate in our Commercial Property Team in Cambridge.
Prior to joining Birketts, Emma worked at a leading UK and international law firm. Emma qualified as a Solicitor in 2014, having trained at a well-regarded regional firm. Prior to that she worked as a Legal Assistant at a top 50 law firm in Birmingham.
Emma has a broad range of experience across all aspects of commercial real estate. She has particular experience dealing with the following:
- advising both sellers and buyers (including the charitable sector) in relation to the acquisitions and disposal of commercial real estate (including both single property and portfolio properties);
- advising on secured lending matters to both mainstream and alternative funders (including the production of CLLS Certificates of Title). This advice being for both single property and portfolio acquisitions, disposals and refinancing, with a focus on mobile home parks and residential development finance;
- advising both landlords (including the charitable sector) and tenants on all aspects of the active management of investment and occupational property including the granting of leases, renewals and underleases, forms of guarantee, licences for alterations, deeds of surrender, deeds of variation and assignments;
- advising on deeds of easements and transfers to utility suppliers; and
- assisting land promoters with due diligence in relation to strategic land development.