We provide pragmatic tax advice to a range of businesses, including companies, partnerships, family businesses and farming entities.
We regularly advise in relation to:
- Structuring – it is important that businesses consider their future needs and structure their affairs accordingly to allow a degree of flexibility where required.
- Reorganisations, Demergers and Restructurings (including company purchase of own shares) – we advise companies and their shareholders on the tax consequences of their restructuring plans to allow the commercial requirements of the business itself, and its shareholders to be met in a tax efficient manner.
- Management Buyouts (MBOs) – we advise, by way of example, in relation to employment related security issues and the possible application of the loans to participators rules.
- Share Sales and Purchases – the team advises on the tax consequences of share sales and purchases including, but not limited to, drafting and negotiating tax warranties and tax covenants.
- Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) and Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) – we advise companies on their eligibility to raise investment under these tax incentivised schemes.
- Employment Ownership Trusts (EOTs) – the team has experience in advising on the tax consequences of transferring a company to an EOT, including applying for and obtaining HMRC tax clearances.
- Tax Clearances – in addition to tax clearances obtained in relation to EOTs, we regularly obtain clearances in relation to share for share exchanges, stamp duty reliefs and share buy backs and have had success where other advisers have not been able to obtain a positive response from HMRC.