Legal 500: ranked in first tier for Crime and Fraud (East Anglia)
Chambers and Partners: ranked first tier for Crime (Ipswich and surrounds)
Our team of criminal solicitors, barristers and a paralegal are highly experienced in defending all road traffic matters; from speeding through to causing death by dangerous driving. We support clients at every step of the difficult and often sensitive process of criminal prosecutions. This is an area of law in which the extensive practical experience of our team is crucial to achieving the best possible outcome; whether through drafting a letter of representations or representing clients at Crown Court trial. Our clients uniquely benefit from solicitors with extensive court experience as well as expert in-house counsel, meaning they can be advised by their advocate from the inception of their case; providing consistency and quality of representation.
Recent cases for the team include representing:
- an individual facing an allegation of causing death by careless driving
- many clients in respect of ‘totting’ offences
- individuals facing offences of driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs
- a major plant hire company in respect of a Section 172 breach
- an individual where the relevant issue was the definition of a 'public road'.