We are a team of twelve specialists in this field, drawn both from the public and private sector providing high quality, practical advice and representation on all aspects of planning law and environmental law.
The team is regularly instructed by developers, land owners and local planning authorities. We offer a full service encompassing all aspects of planning law and environmental law and provide practical, solution-focussed advice at a competitive price. We are experienced in providing support for planning applications and appeals, section 106 Agreements and planning enforcement, but have much wider and more specialised expertise as is demonstrated from the examples below:
Examples of our planning law and environmental law team's recent experience.
- Acting for a local planning authority in a S.288 High Court Challenge to a decision to grant an appeal against refusal of a Certificate of Lawfulness.
- Acting for a local planning authority in a judicial review challenge to a grant of an Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control Permit.
- Advising and representing a defendant in respect of an environment agency prosecution following a major river pollution incident.
- Appealing on behalf of our client an enforcement notice requiring the receipt of waste at a waste transfer station to cease.
- Acting for a farmer client in defence of an injunction being sought to restrain the use of farmland as an airfield.
- Quashing on our client's behalf a planning authority's assertion of non implementation of a planning consent to a barn conversion after the expiry of the time limit for implementation and in light of a revised local plan that would have made the reissue of such a permission impossible.
We can add significant value to the service by drawing on the expertise of other firm members who specialise in property transactions and public law.