Our Agriculture Team is one of the largest and best qualified in the UK, with market-leading strength and depth of experience and resources.
Consistently ranked in the top tier of legal directories, our award-winning team includes nearly 50 lawyers across offices in Ipswich, Norwich, Cambridge, Chelmsford and Sevenoaks.
With many of the team from farming backgrounds and Fellows of the Agricultural Law Association, our breadth of experience enables us to understand your business and the challenges and opportunities you face day to day.
Our experience and client base
We provide a comprehensive range of legal services to farmers, landowners and agri-business specialists.
Our Agriculture expertise
Top Tier 2024
Top Tier 2024
- Agriculture tenancies and sporting rights
- Banking and re-financing
- Basic payment scheme and agri-environment scheme issues
- Business structures and joint venture/collaborative agreements
- Dispute resolution
- Diversification issues
- Farm and land acquisitions and disposals
- Natural Capital, Habitat Management Schemes, Carbon Capture and offsetting arrangements
- Immigration services
- Minerals and aggregates
- Planning issues
- Renewable energy schemes
- Residential conveyancing and tenancy advice
- Rights of way and access to land
- Succession planning
- Tax advice
- Trust creation, management and dissolution
- Wills, trust planning and probate matters
The team at Birketts have a key strength of having the vast depth of knowledge and diversity within the business whilst still being able to give the core value of the personal touch to all clients. Birketts have outclassed other firms in their want to add value to the situations they are involved in and procure the best results for their clients.
Legal 500 [UK 2024]