Further and Higher Education
Our Education Team comprises experienced lawyers with a strong track record in advising clients in the further and higher education sector.
The hallmark of the Education Team’s approach is the delivery of practical and commercial advice supported by a real understanding of the challenges faced by the sector. Our experts are trusted advisers who care about the aims, objectives, culture, and ambitions of each institution.
We offer a full service practice to our further and higher education clients and are as comfortable advising on day to day issues, as we are on major strategic initiatives.
Our experience and client base
We can assist in making the most of estates, making employment structures as agile as possible, ensure immigration practices are UKVI compliant, protect intellectual property, and deal with student complaints and issues.
Top Tier 2023
- Employment law
- Immigration law
- Mergers, joint ventures, partnerships and reorganisations
- Governance, regulatory and compliance issues
- Cross sector advice for governors, trustees and stakeholders
- Student issues and dispute management
- Regulatory and criminal defence
- Support in applications to the Education Skills and Funding Agency
- State aid
- Construction and estate development projects
- Project management, procurement and property support
- Capital projects, including construction, utilities and STEM
- Nominations agreements in student accommodation developments
- Data protection
- Intellectual Property
- Funding and refinancing
[Birketts] has provided excellent advice and guidance on questions of complex contractual and commercial nature
Chambers [UK 2023]