Our Motor Team comprises experienced lawyers with specialist knowledge of the Motor sector. We pride ourselves on delivering practical and commercial advice supported by a real understanding of the sector.
Our motor sector team comprises more than 10 experts based across our principal offices in East Anglia and the South East.
We understand the legal, regulatory and commercial aspects of motor sector transactions, projects and cases.
We offer a full service to our motor clients, including for:
- Dealer Group disposals and acquisitions;
- Dealership disposals and acquisitions;
- Motor property, planning, construction and environmental;
- Dealer agreements;
- Dealer employment and HR support;
- Dealership disputes and litigation;
- Dealer vehicle finance, FCA and consumer credit;
- Dealership funding and refinancing;
- Dealership health and safety advice and services;
- Dealership data protection etc advice and services;
- Shareholder agreements and joint ventures for dealership shareholders; and
- Dealership insolvency and restructuring.
Our experience and client base
Our clients include franchised motor dealerships, dealer buying groups, dealer councils, independent dealer, manufacturers, finance providers and many of the ancillary businesses that are related to the UK motor sector. We regularly work with other professional service providers active in the sector, including accountants, banks and property agents.
We regularly hold motor forums in East Anglia and the South East for our clients and contacts. The aim of our motor forums is to bring together major players in the motor sector to discuss topical legal and business issues in an open and confidential environment.
Winner of ‘Deal of the Year below 10m’ (MBO of Titan Motorsports) – Insider Central & East Dealmakers Awards 2022
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Joint ventures, shareholder agreements and corporate structuring
- Competition Law
- Property, planning and environmental
- Employment and HR support
- Vehicle finance, FCA and consumer credit
- Funding and refinancing
- Regulatory and health and safety
- Trade marks
- Data protection
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Debt recovery
- Insolvency and restructuring
Leading Firm 2023
Top Ranked 2023
We have used Birketts’ Motor Team for our legal work for many years; they have acted for us on various deals. They are a quality team, with real expertise and I know I can always count on them to deliver for us.
Ian Twinley, Executive Chairman, John Grose Motor Group