Birketts’ Retail Group comprises a team of specialists experienced in all aspects of the law relating to the retail sector.
With ongoing changes to consumer habits and challenges in the market place, we provide support and guidance in a competitive and often turbulent sector.
We understand the challenges faced by this fast moving industry and provide commercial advice to clients ranging from start-ups to premium high street brands.
Other useful links:
- Portfolio management such as leases, licences and re-gearing
- Retail to e-tail
- Franchising and concessions
- Health and safety
- Competition law and ecclesiastical law
- Intellectual property and trade marks, including brand protection and naming rights
- Dispute management and litigation
- Employment, including TUPE issues
- Private equity investment for operators
- Acquisitions and disposals of businesses
- Finance and bank funding, including term debt, asset-based lending and working capital facilities
- Store rationalisation
- Advertising and promotions
- Website trading and data protection
Their experience in the retail sector, together with the support offered by their corporate and litigation departments, has been of real value to the recent and ongoing growth of our business.
David Mordecai, CEO, Tobar