International Notarial Services for Individuals

International Notarial Services for Individuals

If you are personally involved in a legal transaction in another country, you may need a Notary Public to witness documents or certify information, so that those documents are valid in the country concerned.

Many countries also require documents to be legalised once they have been signed and sealed by the Notary Public. Legalisation is a further process to ensure that the document is valid in the relevant country.

The requirements for legalisation will depend on the country but will always involve the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. It may be necessary for the document also to be legalised by the applicable Consulate or Embassy. The Notary Public can deal with these legalisation requirements on your behalf.

Our Notary Public services include:

• preparing and witnessing powers of attorney for use overseas
• providing documents to deal with the administration of the estates of people who have lived or owned property abroad
• authenticating personal documents and information for immigration or emigration purposes, and to work abroad
• witnessing the signatures on documents
• authenticating the execution of documents
• authenticating the contents of documents
• administration of oaths and declarations
• presenting bills of exchange for acceptance and payment, noting and protesting bills in cases of dishonour and preparing acts of honour
• attending upon the drawing up of bonds
• verifying of translations from foreign languages to English and vice versa.

Please contact us directly if you are unsure whether you require a Notary Public or not.

There is often some urgency when Notarial services are required and our Notary can usually be available at short notice.